WDEA Works has been providing individualised employment services in western Victoria from 1989. Since then, WDEA Works has grown to become one of the largest community and employment service providers in the region, employing over 250 people across 15 different sites in a range of community based services and programs. These programs include:
- Disability Employment Services – for employment of people with disability in open employment
- Employer Recruitment Services
- Australian Disability Enterprises
- Day Services
- Artlink Studio
- Charitable Trust
As a not-for-profit, community based organisation, WDEA Work’s aim has always been to provide a quality service to individuals in our community who will benefit the most from our assistance. By successfully helping our clients we are able to direct many of the benefits we receive back into the community through financial assistance programs and additional services.
WDEA Works partners other key community stakeholders to achieve the best possible outcome for its clients. WDEA Works with:
- local employers and businesses
- Industry groups
- Community support services
- Allied health professionals
- Schools and Education institutions
- The Department of Employment (DE)
- The Department of Human Services (DHS)
- The Department of Social Services (DSS)
- Government and council
We create opportunities for business, individuals and our community.
- Personal responsibility
- Treating People with dignity and respect
- Fulfilment of potential
- Contributing to our community
We provide professional recruitment services to employers and individuals.
We strengthen our community by developing innovative and effective support strategies for those experiencing disadvantage.
We develop and maintain sustainable relationships with our funding bodies.