About WDEA Works
WDEA Works is a not-for-profit organisation that began in Warrnambool in 1989 to help people with a disability find open employment opportunities. In its first year, it employed three people. Today, more than 400 people are part of the WDEA Works team, at 36 sites across the Western half of regional Victoria and into South East South Australia.
Over the past 30 years, WDEA Works has helped more than 40,000 people find meaningful and inclusive employment, improving their lives and enriching local communities.
Our Services include:
- Disability Employment Services – for employment of people with disability in open employment
- Employer Recruitment Services
- Australian Disability Enterprises
- Work for the Dole
- NDIS Support Services
- WDEA Works Foundation
As a community based, not-for-profit organisation, WDEA Works channels funding back into our regional community through the WDEA Works Foundation and specialist support programs that provide quality employment services for employers and job seekers.
WDEA Works partners other key community stakeholders to achieve the best possible outcome for its clients. WDEA Works with:
- Local employers and businesses
- Industry groups
- Community support services
- Allied health professionals
- Schools and Education institutions
- The Department of Employment (DE)
- The Department of Human Services (DHS)
- The Department of Social Services (DSS)
- Government and council
For 30 years, WDEA Works has been reaching out a helping hand to its local communities, improving the lives of people through employment, education and connection. We continually aim to improve our services and our performance is benchmarked against national and international industry standards.