Jobseeker FAQ

Can I give information to WDEA Works that I would normally give to DHS Centrelink?

WDEA Works is a private organisation, separate from DHS Centrelink. As a result we do not have access to much of the information that DHS Centrelink keeps, and cannot update it. Any information that you normally give to DHS Centrelink should continue to be submitted to DHS Centrelink, however we are happy to see the information for our own private records if it will benefit you.

Can WDEA Works pay for things I can’t afford?

WDEA Works may provide some funding for things that are directly related to employment, however we cannot fund general expenses such as utility bills, car registration, travel costs, traffic infringement notices, etc.

Can you help me with my DHS Centrelink Income Support?

As WDEA Works is a separate organisation to Centrelink and we do not specialise in welfare payments we cannot provide strict advice or make any changes to your income support. WDEA Works staff may be able to make a suggestion in certain circumstances, however you should contact Centrelink for proper advice or if you require action to be taken regarding any income support payment.

How will registering with WDEA Works affect my DHS Centrelink payments?

WDEA Works does not have access to all DHS Centrelink information, and therefore cannot provide advice on how your income benefits may be affected. Normally it is always more financially beneficial for jobseekers on income support to work, however we recommend you discuss this with DHS Centrelink to determine how your DHS Centrelink services will be affected.

I am already working but would like help to find employment. Can WDEA Works assist me?

Normally WDEA Works can only register jobseekers that are not working, or are working a small number of hours. In some situations we may be able to help you keep your current job if it is at risk. We recommend you send us an enquiry using our Contact Form providing details of your current circumstances and a WDEA Works staff member will assess whether we are able to assist.

I am not on an allowance and not working, Can WDEA Works help me look for work?

Yes we can. The type of assistance we can provide will depend on your circumstances, however at the least you will be given access to our job search services. Those with ongoing disability, injury or ill-health may be eligible for specialist support.

I am on a voluntary allowance from Centrelink and not working, can I register with WDEA Works?

Yes you can. WDEA Works encourages anyone on a voluntary allowance to make contact so we can provide you information on our programs, and if you are interested we can help you find work.

If I register as a voluntary jobseeker, do I have to participate?

You can withdraw from our services at any time, however while you are registered with WDEA Works we want to help you find work and will be trying to work with you to achieve this.

Employer FAQ

Why use WDEA Works?

WDEA is a local service that is flexible and responsive to your business needs. We are able to save you time and money by offering professional advice, a timely service and sourcing suitable job seekers. We also have access to employer incentives for some jobseekers which can include financial subsidies and other options to support you and your new employee.

How much does it cost?

WDEA Works is a free service. We can advertise your vacancy online through We can also use our own client-base search to identify any immediately suitable candidates for you, all at no cost. WDEA Works can also create an effective display ad for your business to be run as a separate stand-alone advertisement. These types of ads are billed to you at WDEA Works’ current discounted rate with local newspapers.

What services do you provide?

Some of the services WDEA Works can provide employers include recruitment advice, vacancy advertising, candidate screening and short-listing, as well as providing access to searching our own client data-base for suitable candidates. We suggest that if you have any queries to contact us. You can use our Contact Form, or you can phone or visit your local office and speak to a WDEA Works staff member.

WDEA Works Enterprises FAQ

Do I get holidays from WDEA Works Enterprises?

Yes WDEA Enterprises employees are entitled to pro rata holidays according to the award they are paid under.

Do people with disabilities at WDEA Works have a ‘fair say’? How?

Yes in several different ways. One way for people to ‘Have a Say’ is to become a part of the Employee Representative Committee. Also, everyone is invited to contribute news and events to WDEA Works to share important milestones and be a part of strategic planning and continuous improvement projects and events. WDEA Works encourages people to attend training about advocacy and rights, health, wellbeing, as well as workplace safety.

How can I be sure that I will be safe at WDEA Works?

WDEA Works will provide a safe working environment where everybody is made welcome and safe. Every year WDEA Works have people come and check to make sure we are doing a good job and the environment is safe; these people are called auditors – if we are doing a good job we receive a certificate. WDEA Works also has our own safety people who check all equipment and buildings and report any faults to our Managers.

What time does WDEA Works’ Enterprises division open for business?

WDEA Works’ Enterprises business operating hours are 8am – 4pm, Monday to Friday.

WDEA Works Foundation FAQ

Can I apply for more than $10,000 for any one project?

No, the WDEA Works Foundation guidelines are firm and no project will be funded for more than $10,000.

Can I apply for ongoing funding?

No, the WDEA Works Foundation does not provide ongoing funding and ongoing projects must clarify the source/s of ongoing funding when applying for WDEA Works Foundation funding for any component of their project.

If successful when will I receive the funding?

The Foundation panel meets twice a year to evaluate applications. Final approval is granted by the full WDEA Works Committee of Management. Applicants are notified of the outcome of their application during the following week of this endorsement and payment of grants is made on receipt of your invoice.

When can I submit my application?

Applications can be submitted at any time however the Panel only meets at the specified times to evaluate applications.

Where can I find an application form?

You can find the form to apply for the Foundation on the Foundation page of the WDEA Works website.