WDEA Works TtW program is based around the pillars of:
- Social Networks
Through an empowerment approach, you will be at the centre of any decision-making.
We understand that no two people have the same lived experience; this is why we structure our service and support in a way that maximises individualisation and flexibility.
TtW will not just build your work readiness but also help you develop confidence, wellbeing, motivation, and community connectedness.
WDEA Works is a safe, private, and friendly environment where you are always welcome.
- Partner you with an Employment Mentor
- Invest in your development through:
- Individualised support
- Pre-employment support to build your capacity and confidence
- Activities & workshops to develop your skills and meet your goals
- Work Experience, Job Placements and on-the-job support
- Links to community and specialist services
- Listen to you and value your feedback
- Link you with community and specialist services
- Link you with supportive employers and provide post placement support
Your Employment Mentor (EM) will work with you, listening to your goals, interests and needs.
They will support you without judgement or assumption. Through this collaborative approach, they will help you identify where you are at, what you need, and any barriers that may impact your progress. Working with you they will develop an individualised, goal-oriented job plan. Your EM will provide ongoing support to help you track your progress
Employment Mentor’s will help participants map out their career goals, skills needed and help plan how to get there.
- Connect you with participants whose interests, capacity and capabilities match your business needs
- Work with local training organisations including schools to develop the skills required for staff in theSouth Coast of Victoria
- Organise “tasters” or worksite visits for participants to learn about careers in the South Coast of Victoria
- Offer wage subsidies, paid work trials, internships and work experience opportunities for eligible participants
- Conduct on the job support for participants to assist your business to retain staff in the long term
- Keep up to date on all local issues and requirements for staffing within the local community
WDEA Works is delivering Transition to Work for the South Coast of Victoria (Apollo Bay, Camperdown, Casterton, Colac, Hamilton, Heywood, Portland, Terang and Warrnambool).