Terry White is a past Training Manager in our organisation who held Vocational Education and Training in the highest regards.
The WDEA Works ethos is about providing opportunities to people in the communities we service. This is something that Terry was very passionate about. The past two years of COVID has taught us so many things but most of all it has taught us that the vulnerable people in our community need our care more so than ever. Our children, our ageing population and those in our communities that have barriers due to a physical or mental impairment. These are the course areas that we as a registered Training organisation specialise in as a result of the dedication and vision that Terry saw.
We also identify that there are people out there that would make exceptional careers in these industries but need a kick start, so we would like to extend the invitation to those that believe they would be a worthy recipient of this scholarship.
The scholarship program will see 8 successful recipients receive a scholarship of up to $1000 to help support towards tuition of their chosen field of study from any of the qualifications WDEA Works Training provides. In the areas of:
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Certificate III in Individual Support
- Certificate IV in Disability
The successful applicant of these scholarships will prove to the selection committee that they are deserving of this by:
- Displaying a commitment to their chosen field of study
- Have a supported testimonial from a chosen referee as to why you would be a good candidate.
- Provide in writing your own testimonial as to why you think you should be considered.
- Why you want to complete your qualification at WDEA Works Training.
- Australian Resident
- Over 17 years of Age
- Have not completed a higher level of qualification than what is being applied for.
- Successful completion of the Pre-Training Review conducted by a WDEA Works Training Teacher
- Successful Completion of the Literacy and Numeracy Assessment deemed appropriate for your level of study.
|Application processing opens||Application processing closes|
|First Round||Monday 12 December 2022||Friday 3 March 2023|
|Second Round||Monday 15 May 2023||Friday 7 July 2023|
Applicants will be notified within 4 weeks of their application being made (within an active application round).
Note: Applicants who have made an application outside of an active application round will be notified of their application outcome at the beginning of the next application round.
If you need to update your application, contact details or have any queries please contact the WDEA Works Training on 1800 566 066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.